Size: 125/150cm (4-5ft). Bare Root. 2 year old
|Price per plant for quantity shown|
|3 or more||£3.29||(£3.95 inc vat)|
|10 or more||£1.62||(£1.94 inc vat)|
|50 or more||£1.40||(£1.68 inc vat)|
|250 or more||£1.26||(£1.51 inc vat)|
A wildlife friendly easy to grow tree that thrives in wet ground. Excellent for coppicing and as a windbreak. The seeds enclosed in the false cones provide valuable food for birds.
- Ideal for - hedging from 2 metres upwards in height.
- Growth rate - typically 50-60cm per year.
- Site and soil - thrives in any reasonable soil and wet boggy situations.
- Product details - these are economical two year old bare rooted plants giving some impact on planting, easy to plant and easy to establish with a reasonable growth rate. Great for planting a hedge while watching the budget. Click on the photo above to see a typical bundle of 25 plants.
- How many plants? - we recommend 3-5 plants per metre for a hedge or 1-2 plants per metre as a taller windbreak.
- When to plant? - these are bare rooted plants available to plant when dormant in Winter, we deliver in season from November - Early April, the correct time for planting.
- Other options - Common Alder (Alnus glutinosa) hedging plants are also available pot grown in a larger size for year round planting.
- Also consider - other species of Alder such as the Grey Alder (Alnus incana) or Italian Alder (Alnus cordata).